Van life is great, but it also has it’s downsides. The last couple days displayed some of those and I figured I could share:
– Being waken up by a police officer in the morning and being told to leave. Not so much fun. Kyler gets a kick out of it, I don’t.
– Not finding anywhere to have a shower. A couple days ago we found a public pool and figured that could be a good way of getting a work out and a shower. While asking a woman for the opening hours, she placed the information sheet on the nearby table and stepped back, making sure to keep her distance. We didn’t even think we stunk that bad. The pool wasn’t open for drop ins, so we had to wait until we found a camp ground that night. Maan, does that shower feel great when you get it!
– Having no fixed address, we cannot receive mail.
– Normal luxuries such as clothing and toiletries are limited by the space in the van.
– You don’t always end up sleeping flat.
– You don’t know where you’ll sleep tonight, for better or worse.